||Paper Registration Fees
- No online registrations will be accepted after midnight on TBA.
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- Marathon participants must be 18 & older.
- We do not offer registration refunds.
- Please see the Faq's Page and the downloadable forms for the policies pertaining to race changes and transfers.
Each participant will receive a New Balance long-sleeve race shirt. Every attempt will be made to accommodate your request, but sizes cannot be guaranteed; those who register early will have the greatest success in getting the size they request and late registrants are not guaranteed a shirt. NO EXCHANGES of shirts will be allowed.
All finishers will receive Conservation marathon medals.
Cash prizes are all given to the top three male/female finishers as well as the top masters male and female finishers. The prizes are as follows:
Age group winners will receive plaques.
Runners are not able to win more than one award; if you win an overall award, you will not win an age group award.
Packet Pick-Up Information
- Friday, October 30; 10 AM - 7 PM
- Saturday, October 31; 10 AM - 5 PM
The Packet Pick-Up location is at the White River Conference Center; 600 West Sunshine Street, Springfield, MO 65807.
The area will also house our 2015 Marathon Weekend Expo! There will be approximately 40 vendors with us for the weekend, so plan to take a few minutes to walk through and get some good information. New Balance, Sof Sole Fit, Bondi Band, and Hy-Vee have been past vendors with us. For a full list of 2014 vendors, visit the Expo Vendor Page.
Aid stations will be located approximately every two miles on the full and half courses. Porta-Potties will be located near the aid stations. Water and Powerade will be available at the aid stations.
Race day bag check will be available for all races. Place your warm-up clothes in your pack, attach your bag check number and make sure to keep your copy of the number. Watch for posted signs to mark bag check locations.
Medical & Emergency Support Services
Our Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Fitness Festival Medical Director is Dr. Landon Hough, Mercy Sports Medicine physician. Dr. Hough and his team of physicians, athletic trainers, and EMS services will provide medical care for our participants.
Time Limit Rules
The marathon course route re-opens to traffic at a rolling schedule according to a 6.5 hour marathon pace or (15 minutes per mile) beginning 15 minutes after the official race start. The marathon finish line will officially close at 1:30 PM but we will wait for every runner and walker to complete their race before we completely close down. Every runner and walker will receive finish line amenities and Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Fitness Festival staff and volunteers will be on hand to greet every finisher.
With this in-mind, remember that we will leave our aid stations open on the second half of the route for our walkers. We encourage all walkers to follow safety standards while on the course. We are glad that you are walking with us and want this experience to be exceptional.
TRAINING FOR THE CONSERVATION MARATHON
Ozark Mountain Ridge Runners (OMRR) is offering a training program for the Maynard Cohick Half Marathon and the Bass Pro Conservation Marathon. It is free to all OMRR members (annual membership costs $20.00 for a family). The training will consist of a 16 week schedule with weekend group runs. Group runs will be in the AM and OMRR will provide water stops and routes.
- Date of Training Kick-Off Meeting: TBA
- Time of Training Kick-Off Meeting: TBA
- Location of Training Kick-Off Meeting: Bass Pro Shops Store; 1935 South Campbell Avenue, Springfield, MO 65807 (Uncle Buck's Auditorium)
- Date of First Training Run: TBA
- Time of First Training Run: TBA
- Location of Training Runs: TBA during training; training runs will take place at various locations around Springfield with the first run starting at Bass Pro Shops Store, Springfield, MO.
- Contact: Emma Schuering; 314-943-0375
OMRR will provide water stops and routes with set distances to meet people’s training needs.
OMRR gives everyone a schedule to follow and a friend with whom to run those long runs!
Nixa Running Group offers training each week, year round. Their training schedule is as follows:
- Tuesdays: 4:45 am (5 miles)
- Wednesdays: 4:45 am (4 miles)
- Thursdays: 4:45 am (5 miles)
- Saturdays: 6:00 am (4 miles)
- Sundays: 5:00 am (long runs)
Mileage is dependant on the event for which we are training.
Nixa Running Group meets at Aldersgate Church; 460 West Aldersgate Drive, Nixa, MO 65714.
Contact: Shannon Cochran; 417-300-2728 or email@example.com
Galloway Run/Walk/Run Method is sponsored by CoxHealth. The Galloway Method helps runners by providing specific, timed walk breaks in-between running periods. There is a huge success rate for people who complete this program and wish to run/walk the full or half marathon.
- Date of Training Kick-Off: TBA
- Time of Training Kick-Off: TBA
- Location of Training Kick-Off: Meyer Center, 3545 South National, Springfield, MO 65807
- Contact: Zoe Cofer; 417-693-0122 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You may register for this training opportunity the night of the kick-off or you may go to www.active.com and register online. the weekend runs are well supported and participants will find many other runners and walkers with whom they may complete their training programs.
Chi Running Technique Training
Certified Senior Chi Running instructor and coach, Sue Johnson, is offering a Chi Running technique training program beginning July 12th, 8 am, at Bass Pro Shops' Uncle Buck's Auditorium, Springfield, Missouri for participants interested in completing the Cohick Half Marathon pain and injury free.
The Chi Running method is first and foremost a physical technique which focuses on teaching proper running form to beginners and seasoned athletes during training to help make running faster, easier and injury-free (train "smarter" not "harder"). Featured in a 5 year study performed by UNC-Chapel Hill, Chi Running was the only running technique proven to reduce joint impact brought on by running. (Full study: http://www.chirunning.com/blog/entry/2012-scientific-study-shows-chirunning-technique-reduces-impact).
The Chi Running technique training program will consist of:
- Four onsite training and technique clinics
- Weekly emails with your workout lesson plans and motivational information
- Video lessons of the Chi Running technique for reference
- An easy-to-use online log
- Chi solutions to physical issues
- Custom video evaluations, progress reports, and form evalutaions
- Chi forums to connect with other runners training for the Cohick Half Marathon
- Optional training runs
This program is best suited for those who are currently able to complete a 5K, but is open to beginners and walk/runners.
Contact: Sue Johnson, email@example.com
2015 Outdoor Fitness Festival Training Runs
Location: Bass Pro Shops Store; 1935 South Campbell Avenue, Springfield, MO 65807 (Grand Entrance Parking Lot)
Date: TBA Time: TBA
Date: TBA Time: TBA