||Paper Registration Fees
| February 5 - February 7
| February 8 - August 31
| September 1 - October 29
| October 30 - November 2
- No online registrations will be accepted after midnight on Wednesday, October 29th.
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- We do not offer registration refunds.
- You may change your registration to another event, up to a week prior of the event.*
- Race transfers from a registrant to another individual are allowed up to two weeks prior to an event.*
- Absolutely no race changes will be made on race day and bibs cannot be transferred to other runners on race day.
*Please find downloadable race change and transfer forms on the Marathon Weekend page.
Each participant will receive a New Balance long-sleeve tech tee. Those who register early will have the greatest success in getting the size they request. Every attempt will be made to accommodate your request, but sizes can not be guaranteed. NO EXCHANGES of shirts will be allowed. Late registrants are not guaranteed a shirt.
All participants who complete the 5K will be given a specially designed medal to commemorate the event.
Cash prizes are given to the top three male/female finishers as well as the top masters male and female finishers. The prizes are as follows:
*Winners will not be allowed to exchange awards.
*Please note that if you are a high school or college student and play sports, you will not be eligible to win the cash prizes.
Additionally, age group winners will receive awards. Runners are not able to win more than one award. If you win an overall award, you will not win an age group award.
Packet Pickup Information and Marathon Weekend Exposition
Packet Pickup and late registration will take place:
- Friday, October 31, from 10 am to 7 pm
- Saturday, November 1, from 10 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, November 2, from 6 am to 6:45 am
All News-Leader 5K participants must pick up their packets before 6:45 AM on race day. Packet pickup will take place in the White River Conference Center, Bass Pro Shops. This is the building on Sunshine street directly behind Bass Pro Shops.
This area will also house our Marathon Weekend Expo! There will be over 40 vendors with us for the weekend so plan to take a few minutes to walk through and get some good information. New Balance, Sof Sole Fit, Bondi Band, and Hy-Vee are among past vendors at our Marathon Weekend Exposition. For a full list of 2014 vendors, go to our vendor page.
There will be one aid station at approximately 2.5K. Water, Powerade and other amenities will be available.
2014 Outdoor Fitness Festival Training Runs
Location: Springfield, Missouri - Bass Pro Shops' Store Location (Front Entrance Parking Lot)
Date: June 14th Time: 6:30 AM
Date: July 12th Time: 6:00 AM