Preparing to run any distance can be a daunting task. With some assistance and preparation, you can go the distance with us at Bass Pro Shops Fitness Series. Whether you are running the News-Leader 5K, a trail run with us at Dogwood Canyon or in our Conservation Marathon, we have connections to programs that will help you reach your specific goals.
The schedule below is to the best of our current knowledge. We encourage you to reach out to the contact person provided for the running group you're interested in to confirm dates/times/locations.
Ozark Mountain Ridge Runners Training
(OMRR) is offering a training program for the Maynard Cohick Half Marathon and the Bass Pro Conservation Marathon. It is free to all OMRR members (annual membership costs $20.00 for a family). The training will consist of a 16-week schedule with weekend group runs. Group runs will be at AM and OMRR will provide water stops and routes.
- Location of Training Runs: TBA during training; training runs will take place at various locations around Springfield with the first run starting at Bass Pro ShopsStore; Springfield, MO.
Contact: Mike and Lea Baxter: firstname.lastname@example.org
OMRR will provide water stops and routes with set distances to meet people’s training needs. OMRR gives everyone a schedule to follow and a friend with whom to run those long runs!
Dogwood Canyon Trail Run Training
Adventure and fun are part of the training for this group of runners! Join them in preparation of your fall 2017 Dogwood Canyon Trail Run!
- Date of Training Kick-Off Meeting: TBA
- Time of Training Kick-Off Meeting: 6 PM
- Location of Training Kick-Off Meeting: Uncle Bucks, Bass Pro Shops, 1935 South Campbell Avenue
Contact: John Montgomery; 417-830-8968 or email@example.com
Nixa Running Training
The Nixa Running Group offers training each week, year round. Their training schedule is as follows:
- Tuesdays: 4:45 am (5 miles)
- Wednesdays: 4:45 am (4 miles)
- Thursdays: 4:45 am (5 miles)
- Saturdays: 6:00 am (4 miles)
- Sundays: 5:00 am (long runs)
This group meets at Aldersgate Church, 460 W. Aldersgate Drive, Nixa MO. Mileage is dependent on the event for which we are training.
Contact: Shannon Cochran; 417-300-2728 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Galloway Group Training
The Galloway Run/Walk/Run Method helps runners by providing specific, timed walk breaks in between running periods. There is a huge success rate for people who complete this program and wish to run/walk the full or half marathon.
- Date of Training Kick-Off: April 19
- Time of Training Kick-Off: 6 PM
- Location of Training Kick-Off: Meyer Center, Springfield, MO 65807
Contact: Zoe Cofer; 417-693-0122 or email@example.com
The weekend runs are well supported and participants will find many other runners and walkers with whom they may complete their training programs.
PRS FIT combines mentoring with running- train with a local coaching mentor that will guide you through a safe, fun and effecitve training program. Mentors are available in Springfield, Branson, Nixa and Gainsveille. For more information, visit PRS FIT.
Mercy Tour De Bass Training
Springbike Bike Club
Weeknight beginner local rides with Springbike Bike Club consist of slower-paced rides, starting at 6 pm, April-September; all rides have a designated ride leader who will insure that no one gets left behind as they show you many tips for riding effectively and safely. Look for the Springbike Group at the start of the Tour de Bass!
More training information is available at the Springbike Website. Springbike will post updates on their website pertaining to their training rides; including dates, times, and locations. Springbike will also have the GPS routes available for download on their homepage.
2017 Bass Pro Shops Fitness Series Training Runs
- Location: Bass Pro Shops, 1935 S. Campbell, Springfield, MO 65807 (Grand Entrance Parking Lot)
- Date: Saturday, July 22 Time: 6:00 AM
- Date: Saturday, August 19 Time: 5:30 AM