THE 2015 COHICK 13.1 HALF-MARATHON
Registration Now Open!
Date: Sunday, November 1
Start Time: 7:00 AM
Starting Line: Bass Pro Shops Store, 1935 S. Campbell Avenue, Springfield, MO 65807 (Grand Entrance)
Finish Line: White River Conference Center, 600 W. Sunshine, Springfield, MO
Click here for information on the Marathon Weekend Pacers- Coming Soon!
The Maynard Cohick Half-Marathon is a gold-standard race and the perfect race for seasoned and beginner half-marathoners. The half-marathon distance appeals to runners and walkers looking for a challenge to fit their current fitness level and time constraints.
Participants in the half-marathon start at the same time as marathon and marathon-relay participants. Half-marathoners will break off from the marathoners at Holland Street; the routes connect again in downtown Springfield. Most half-marathoners will reach this area before the full-marathon participants reach downtown. Overall, the course is excellent in every way and it displays the beautiful Autumn foliage of the Ozarks. There are some rolling hills from miles two through five but the course is mostly flat after mile five.
||Paper Registration Fees
| February 10-11
|| First 150 Registrants $45, Second 250 Registrants $50
| February 12-May 31
| June 1-August 31
| September 1-October 17
| October 18-28
| October 30-31
||Online Registration Closed
- No online registrations will be accepted after 11:59 PM on October 28.
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- Half-Marathon participants must be 16 & older.
- Bass Pro Shop Outdoor Fitness Festival has a NO REFUND policy. Refunds will not be given for any reason.
Each participant will receive a New Balance long-sleeve race shirt. Every attempt will be made to accommodate your request, but sizes cannot be guaranteed. Those who register early will have the greatest success in getting the size they request and late registrants are not guaranteed a shirt. NO EXCHANGES of shirts will be allowed.
All finishers will receive Cohick Half-Marathon medals.
Cash prizes are given to the top three male and female finishers as well as the top masters male and female finishers. The prizes are as follows:
Age group winners will receive awards.
Runners are not able to win more than one award. If you win an overall award, you will not win an age group award.
- Runners under the age of 16 years old are not eligilble for awards. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If you are a High School Athlete between the ages of 16-18 years old, you may not be eligible for cash prizes.
Packet Pick-Up Information
- Friday, October 30; 10 AM - 7 PM
- Saturday, October 31; 10 AM - 5 PM
Packet Pick-Up location is at the White River Conference Center, 600 W. Sunshine, Springfield, MO 65807.
This area will also house our 2015 Marathon Weekend Expo! There will be over 40 vendors with us for the weekend, so plan to take a few minutes to walk through and get some good information. New Balance, Sof Sole Fit, Bondi Band and Hy-Vee have been past vendors with us. For a full list of 2015 vendors, visit the Expo Vendor Page.
There will be no race day packet pick-up or registration for those running the marathon, half-marathon or marathon-relay.
Aid stations will be located approximately every two miles on the full and half courses. Porta-Potties will be located near the aid stations. Water and powerade will be available at the aid stations.
Race day bag check will be available for all races. Place your warm-up clothes in your pack, attach your bag check number and make sure to keep your copy of the number. Watch for posted signs to mark bag check locations.
Medical & Emergency Support Services
Our Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Fitness Festival Medical Director is Dr. Landon Hough, Mercy Sports Medicine physician. Dr. Hough and his team of physicians, athletic trainers and EMS services will provide medical care for our participants.
Training for the Cohick Half-Marathon
Ozark Mountain Ridge Runners (OMRR) is offering a training program for the Maynard Cohick Half Marathon and the Bass Pro Conservation Marathon. It is free to all OMRR members (annual membership costs $20.00 for a family). The training will consist of a 16 week schedule with weekend group runs. Group runs will be at AM and OMRR will provide water stops and routes.
- Date of Training Kick-Off Meeting: TBA
- Time of Training Kick-Off Meeting: TBA
- Location of Training Kick-Off Meeting: Bass Pro Shops Store, 1935 S. Campbell Avenue, Springfield, MO 65807 (Uncle Buck's Auditorium)
- Date of First Training Run: TBA
- Time of First Training Run: TBA
- Location of Training Runs: TBA during training; training runs will take place at various locations around Springfield with the first run starting at Bass Pro Shops Store, Springfield, MO.
- Contact: Emma Schuering; 314-943-0375
OMRR will provide water stops and routes with set distances to meet people’s training needs.
OMRR gives everyone a schedule to follow and a friend with whom to run those long runs!
Nixa Running Group offers training each week, year round. Their training schedule is as follows:
- Tuesdays: 4:45 am (5 miles)
- Wednesdays: 4:45 am (4 miles)
- Thursdays: 4:45 am (5 miles)
- Saturdays: 6:00 am (4 miles)
- Sundays: 5:00 am (long runs)
Mileage is dependent on the event for which we are training.
This group meets at Aldersgate Church, 460 W. Aldersgate Drive, Nixa, MO 65714.
Contact: Shannon Cochran; 417-300-2728 or email@example.com
Galloway Run/Walk/Run Method The Galloway Method helps runners by providing specific, timed walk breaks in between running periods. This group starts training in May.
- Date of Traing Kick-Off: TBA
- Time of Training Kick-Off: TBA
- Location of Training Kick-Off: Meyer Center, 3545 S. National, Springfield, MO 65807
- Contact: Zoe Cofer: 417-693-0122 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The weekend runs are well supported and participants will find many other runners and walkers with whom they may complete their training programs.
Chi Running Technique Training
Certified Senior Chi Running instructor and coach, Sue Johnson, is offering a Chi Running technique training program beginning TBA at Bass Pro Shops' Uncle Buck's Auditorium, Springfield, Missouri for participants interested in completing the Cohick Half Marathon pain and injury free.
The Chi Running method is first and foremost a physical technique which focuses on teaching proper running form to beginners and seasoned athletes during training to help make running faster, easier and injury-free (train "smarter" not "harder"). Featured in a 5 year study performed by UNC-Chapel Hill, Chi Running was the only running technique proven to reduce joint impact brought on by running. (Full study: http://www.chirunning.com/blog/entry/2012-scientific-study-shows-chirunning-technique-reduces-impact).
The Chi Running technique training program will consist of:
- Four onsite training and technique clinics
- Weekly emails with your workout lesson plans and motivational information
- Video lessons of the Chi Running technique for reference
- An easy-to-use online log
- Chi solutions to physical issues
- Custom video evaluations, progress reports, and form evalutaions
- Chi forums to connect with other runners training for the Cohick Half Marathon
- Optional training runs
This program is best suited for those who are currently able to complete a 5K, but is open to beginners and walk/runners.
Contact: Sue Johnson, email@example.com
2015 Outdoor Fitness Festival Training Runs
Location: Bass Pro Shops Store, 1935 S. Campbell Avenue, Springfield, MO 65807 (Grand Entrance Parking Lot)
Date: TBA Time: TBA
Date: TBA Time: TBA