Fleet Feet Events
Fitness Series Training Runs
The Bass Pro Shops Fitness Series provides two training runs during the summer months. These are free training runs to anyone and we provide hydration and snacks once you are finished. You can run any distance you wish or we have a couple routes that you can complete.
- Training Run #1, also known as the Recycle Run, will be on May 11, 2024 at 6AM. This is a FREE fun run with no registration required! The event starts and ends at the front of the Bass Pro Shops parking lot on Campbell Avenue. Pick a distance which you would like to run/walk or choose one of ours. Our 6 mile out and back course has an aid station at the halfway point. Once you complete your distance, join us at the finish line, enjoy some goodies and choose from recycled medals and shirts from previous events.
- Training Run #2 July 2024 is a partnership with Mother's Brewing Company. Details will be announced in May.
Ozarks Mountain Ridge Runners
OMRR, our local running group, offers training groups for several Bass Pro Shops Fitness Series events, including all Marathon Weekend and Dogwood Canyon Trail Run distances. This is free to anyone who wants to complete one of the Fitness Series events. The training will consist of a 16-week plan, suited to your goals. Training includes a morning group run every weekend. OMRR will set pre-mapped routes with water stops to accomodate your training goals. Get ready to meet some new friends and training buddies! Check out the OMRR Training Page for 2024 training details- every distance has a plan!
- Location of Training Runs: There will be a calendar for participants to download and follow. Even out of town people can follow along virtually with us. Training runs will take place at various locations around Springfield. Each week the route with a map will be added to the Facebook site. Along with other helpful hints, tips and tricks to make sure you cross the finish line! We will guide you to your goal with advice on trianing, nutrition and everything in-between!
- Contact: Brad Lyons at BradRLyons@gmail.com or go to OMRR Training page
Fleet Feet Training
Road Training Groups : There are plenty of training groups and distances to choose from including :
Trail Running Groups: Trail running groups will start March 11, 2024 and will conclude with the War Eagle Trail Runs on Saturday June 1, 2024. (Rock Runners Training Group)
PERKS AND BENEFITS OF BEING A PART OF THE FLEET FEET RUNNING FAMILY:
- Full Training Plan
- Weekly Email with Workout Details
- Discount Shopping Weekend In The Store
- Two Weekly Group Runs Led By Mentors. Join us if you can, but it's ok if you have to miss.
- Facebook Community Page With Fellow Participants
- Aided Saturday Long Run
- 25% off Fleet Feet Springfield Races
- End of Season Party!
- Questions: email@example.com
Nixa Running Group
Meeting Place: Aldersgate United Methodist Church located at 460 Aldersgate Drive (Across from Walmart)
Nixa Running Group offers a variety of paces so everyone is welcomed!
- Tuesdays: 4:45am (5 Miles)
- Thursdays: 4:45am (5 Miles)
- Saturday: 5:00am (long run)
- Sunday: 6:00am (4 Miles)
Tuesday Night Group Run
Why run alone? Knock out your Tuesday mileage with other local runners/walkers. We start running at 5:35p and run all year long! Pick your mileage and pace. Group participants run/walk 2-6 miles. All paces are welcome.
- Spring / Summer/ Fall (when daylight saving starts) We meet/run from Galloway Grill on Lone Pine.
- Wintertime (when daylight saving ends) We meet/run from Fleet Feet.
Contact: If you are interested or have questions you can text or call 417-766-3910. You are also welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Emailing will also get you placed onto a email group for the Tuesday night runs!