Fitness Series Training Runs
The Bass Pro Shops Fitness Series provides 2 training runs during the summer months. These are free training runs to anyone and we provide hydration and snacks once you are finished. You can run any distance you wish or we have a couple routes that you can complete.
- Training Run #1, also known as the Recycle Run, will be on June 11 at 6AM. This is a FREE fun run with no registration required! The event starts and ends at the front of the Bass Pro Shops parking lot on Campbell Avenue. Pick a distance which you would like to run or choose one of ours. Our 6 mile out and back course has an aid station at the halfway point. Once you complete your distance, join us at the finish line, enjoy some goodies and choose from recycled medals and shirts from previous events.
- Training Run #2 is a partnership with Mother's Brewing Company. Details will be announced in May.
Our 2022 training shirts will be available soon! We will be selling these at both training events this summer for $10-$15. Limited sizing is available. We accept credit cards and cash.
Ozarks Mountain Ridge Runners
OMRR, our local running group, offers training groups for several Bass Pro Shops Fitness Series events, including all Marathon Weekend and Dogwood Canyon Trail Run distances. This is free to anyone who wants to complete one of the Fitness Series events. The training will consist of a 16-week plan, suited to your goals. Training includes a morning group run every weekend. OMRR will set pre-mapped routes with water stops to accomodate your training goals. Get ready to meet some new friends and training buddies! Check out the OMRR Training Page for 2022 training details- every distance has a plan!
- Location of Training Runs: There will be a calendar for participants to download and follow. Even out of town people can follow along virtually with us. Training runs will take place at various locations around Springfield. Each week the route with a map will be added to the Facebook site. Along with other helpful hints, tips and tricks to make sure you cross the finish line! We will guide you to your goal with advice on trianing, nutrition and everything in-between!
- First Meet and Greet: Recycle Run, June 11, 6AM, Bass Pro Shops Store, Springfield, MO.
- First Official Training Run- July 23, 6 AM, White River Conference Center parking lot
600 W Sunshine St Springfield MO 65807
- Contact: Brad Lyons at BradRLyons@gmail.com or go to OMRR Training page
Fleet Feet Training
Road Training Group: Our road 5k, 13.1, and 26.2 training groups start January 4th. We have Tuesday evening groups runs and cross training (@ the store 7pm), Saturday morning group long runs (various local locations 7am), once a month track workouts, and a weekly newsletter and full training plan!
Trail Training Group: Our trail 15k, 25k, 50k training groups start January 3rd. We have Monday evening group runs and cross training, Saturday morning group long runs (various local locations 7am), once a month track workouts, and a weekly newsletter and full training plan!
Restorative Yoga in store every Friday
5:45 AM - 45 Minute Express Class $7
Dogwood Canyon Trail Runs
Adventure and fun are part of the training for this group of runners! Join them in preparation of your fall 2022 Dogwood Canyon Trail Run!
- Date of Training Kick-Off Meeting: TBA