Join our mailing list
Do you want to receive more information about all of our events? Click here to enter your email!
The Bass Pro Shops Fitness Series promotes the health and wellbeing of our community and all of our participants. Our mission to serve inlcudes giving all proceeds from our events to local non-profit organizations that align with our goals and the vision of Bass Pro Shops.
2021 Event Schedule
These are all the event dates below for the Bass Pro Shops Fitness Series. We do offer a variety of training runs during the summer. Check back with us to see those opportunities.
We do offer the Run Across Springfield and the Run Across Missouri; both in their third year. You must complete three events to participate. Please check out those event pages for more information!
Rock4Kids Paint the Run: April 23, 6:30 PM
Run the Rock 6 Miler: September 11, 7:00 AM
Tour De Bass Cycling: October 3, 7:00 AM
Rock4Kids Zombie Run: October 16, 10:00 AM
Marathon Weekend Health and Fitness Expo: November 5 - 6
Marathon Weekend Events: November 7, 6:45 AM
Dogwood Canyon Trail Runs: November 13 - 14, 7:30 AM
Covid -19 precautions
We're committed to protecting the health and safety of all race participants, volunteers, team members and our community. By partnering with public health officials and adopting best practices from across the country, we’re implementing a series of modifications to ensure a safe event for everyone. Key enhancements include:
Limiting participation by approximately half normal levels
- Registration has been significantly reduced to safely accommodate our participants and allow for more physical distancing.
Socially distancing the starting line
- Participants will begin the race on a specific starting marker located six feet apart from others.
- Runners will start in waves, with all participants assigned to a specific staging corral group designed to allow for physical distancing prior to approaching the starting line.
- Officials will ensure parties are properly distanced at all times before the race. All events will start earlier to allow runners to start in waves.
Requiring face coverings when not actively running
- Face coverings are required for all participants and spectators. Runners can remove their face covering after clearing the starting line. Once runners cross the finish line, face coverings must be put back on.
- Face coverings are required at the Fitness Expo and all race day events.
- Spectators are required to wear face coverings while inside “Face Mask Zones,” located near the starting and finishing lines.
- Single-use face coverings will be available for participants who do not bring one.
Limiting finish line activity
- All food offerings and giveaway items will be pre-packaged.
- No award ceremony will take place, though prizes will still be awarded to the top finishers.
Screening temperatures at registration
- All participants and guests will complete a contactless temperature screening before entering the White River Conference Center to pick up their registration materials and participate in the Fitness Expo.
- If a participant is running a fever (100.4°F or above), they will not be allowed to pick up their materials, which is required to participate.
- If a participant is still running a fever at 5 PM on October 31, they will not be able to participate and instead have the option to complete their distance virtually.
Offering a Virtual Option
- All participants have the option to run their races virtually and submit their results online. Runners will receive their registration packets in the mail. For covid related questions, check out our FAQ page.
Participant tracking coming soon! It will be available for participants, spectators, family and friends to utilize during the 2021 Bass Pro Shops Fitness Series Marathon Weekend Events presented by the Missouri Beef Industry Council.
Track up to 25 participants live all from your phone! The FREE Marathon Weekend Live Tracking app presented by the Missouri Beef Industry Council uses the participants’ split times and current pace to calculate their estimated location along the course. View their race marker in real time as they make their way through the Conservation Marathon, Cohick Half Marathon, News-Leader 5K and Federal Protection Marathon Relay course. Simply click the Live Tracking button within the app and search by name, email or bib number. Add them to your tracking list and follow along on race day!
Live Tracking with GPS is a new feature that will help friends and family track participants within a few meters. Participants must download the app, click on participant in race, log in and have your phone on you during the race. Click here for step-by-steps on how to turn on Live Tracking.
Live tracking provides the option to have push notifications sent directly to your phone. Once you have followed a runner, simply click on their name within the live tracking page, click the Following button and Enable Push Notifications to receive a message every time your runner crosses a split.
Don't forget about these exciting opportunities for 2020
Run Across Springfield: We have teamed up with OneSolePurpose and the Care to Learn Panther Run to promote health and wellness and to raise money to meet local student needs by creating a new run/walk series – Run Across Springfield. This series provides participants with three unique race courses, each highlighting different areas of Springfield.
Run OneSolePurpose on September 18, the Panther Run on October 3 and the Bass Pro Shops Fitness Series Marathon Weekend on November 7.