Staycation Ideas in the Ozarks
Living in the Ozarks means we get to enjoy the beauty daily. It can be easy to overlook the treasures around us, but here we decided to share the best ways to enjoy Springfield, Missouri and the surrounding area with a “staycation.” That’s right! Stay here and experience something new and different, possibly even something you have driven by hundreds of times or places you never thought to check out.
A proper staycation has no rules. Choose to stay at a resort, hotel, camp, glamp or stay in your home and visit local businesses to reinvigorate your love of the Ozarks!
Big Cedar. If you live in this area you likely have heard of Big Cedar. BUT, have you been? There aren’t enough words or sunset selfies from Top of the Rock to really describe the experience. You become truly disconnected from the rat race of daily life and can plug into nature, adventure and relaxation, Ozarks style.
At Big Cedar, no detail is missed. Activities for the entire family, including romantic escapes, luxurious spa accommodations, entertainment, first-class food and fun! The location is perfect for also enjoying other activities in Branson. However, you really don’t have to leave with the plethora of on-site activities.
If city lights and super modern amenities are more your style. Check into the Hotel Vandivort. Springfield’s most unique hotel experience. Located in the heart of downtown Springfield with a spectacular on-site restaurant, you can’t go wrong.
The internet sensation of taking a Hotel Vandivort selfie is really a “thing.” Have you even lived if you haven’t taken one with friends crammed into the bathroom to catch the perfect lighting?!
1. Go Hiking at Busik State park
2. Explore the Springfield Nature Center
3. Visit the Farmers Market
4. Take the Trolley Bike Tour
5. Attend First Friday Artwalk
6. Go on a Boutique Shopping Tour
7. Rent a kayak on Springfield Lake
8. Check out Goat Yoga in Rogersville
9. Watch a flick at The Moxie
10. Pick berries at a local farm
11. Enjoy LARPing at Phelps Grove Park
12. Take the family for a bike ride on the Frisco Highline
13. Sip coffee at Brick & Mortar
14. Play mini golf at Fun Acre
15. Go for a walk in the Japanese Stroll Gardens
For a full list of some of our favorite activities, check out our Ultimate Summer Bucket List!